NEODYMIUM magnets safety
Children could swallow small magnets.
If several magnets are swallowed, they could get stuck in the intestine and cause perilous complications.
Magnets are not toys! Make sure that children don’t play with magnets.
Magnets are made of metal and conduct electricity.
Children might try to put magnets into a power outlet and thereby suffer from an electric shock.
Big magnets have a very strong attractive force.
- Unsafe handling could cause jamming of fingers or skin in between magnets. This may lead to contusions and bruises.
- Powerful, very large magnets could cause bone fractures.
Magnets could affect the functioning of pacemakers and implanted heart defibrillators.
If you wear these devices keep sufficient distance to magnets.
Warn others who wear these devices from getting too close to magnets.
A pacemaker could switch into test mode and cause illness.
A heart defibrillator may stop working.
Too heavy loads, symptoms of fatigue as well as material defect could cause a magnet or magnetic hook to loosen from the surface that is was attached to.
Falling objects could lead to serious injuries.
- The indicated adhesive force applies only to ideal conditions. Allow for a high safety cushion.
- Don’t use magnets in places where people could sustain injuries in case of material failure.
Neodymium magnets are brittle. Colliding magnets could crack.
Sharp splinters could be catapulted away for several meters and injure your eyes.
- Avoid the collision of magnets.
- Wear safety glasses when handling larger magnets.
- Make sure that nearby people are also protected or keep their distance.